Energy monitor for motors on VFDs

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

Electromatic

Occupation
Master Electrician
I'm not sure if this is the end of the story yet, but: The students contacted me early last week and said they absolutely have to have some data by that Thursday! I looked at some equipment rental sites but couldn't be sure I'd have something in time to install on Wednesday. Our sister company does PV work and occasionally installs eGauge equipment for energy monitoring. They had a spare meter and some CTs, so I was able to set them up with something at least. Now it's just a question of whether to bill them for emergency equipment acquisition!

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I'm not sure if this is the end of the story yet, but: The students contacted me early last week and said they absolutely have to have some data by that Thursday! I looked at some equipment rental sites but couldn't be sure I'd have something in time to install on Wednesday. Our sister company does PV work and occasionally installs eGauge equipment for energy monitoring. They had a spare meter and some CTs, so I was able to set them up with something at least. Now it's just a question of whether to bill them for emergency equipment acquisition!
That should be part of their education right there!