Engineering Judgment / Diversity

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
"this is how we do it ,been doing like this for years."
And in response, I will now offer, for everyone's entertainment, "The Ham Bone Story" (short version):

Tonight’s dinner includes a bone-in ham shank. The wife cuts about an inch off the small end, and throws that piece away. She continues with dinner preparations.

Her husband says to her, “I have always wondered why you begin by cutting away a small piece and discarding it. Can you shed any light on that cooking method?”

She replies, “Oh golly, that. That is how my mother prepared this dish, and I guess that is why I do it that way. But why don’t we call her and ask?”

So they call her mother. The mother says, “Oh golly, that. That is how my mother prepared this dish, and I guess that is why I do it that way. But why don’t we call her and ask?”

So they call the grandmother. The grandmother says, Oh golly, that. Well, back in the day I only owned one pan, and it was rather small.”

anthonysolino

And in response, I will now offer, for everyone's entertainment, "The Ham Bone Story" (short version):

Tonight’s dinner includes a bone-in ham shank. The wife cuts about an inch off the small end, and throws that piece away. She continues with dinner preparations.

Her husband says to her, “I have always wondered why you begin by cutting away a small piece and discarding it. Can you shed any light on that cooking method?”

She replies, “Oh golly, that. That is how my mother prepared this dish, and I guess that is why I do it that way. But why don’t we call her and ask?”

So they call her mother. The mother says, “Oh golly, that. That is how my mother prepared this dish, and I guess that is why I do it that way. But why don’t we call her and ask?”

So they call the grandmother. The grandmother says, Oh golly, that. Well, back in the day I only owned one pan, and it was rather small.”

:LOL:
I got enjoyment out of that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.