Enough power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occupation
Home owner
I have to agree with some others, if you indeed have 15 KVA and it supplies that many dwellings, it probably is overloaded at times and nearly everyone is starved for voltage when it is overloaded. At very least they all probably see a significant sag in voltage whenever someone's AC compressor starts or if anyone has other larger motors like the mentioned commercial air compressor.

I sincerely thank everyone for their knowledge and experience. We have 18 service connections over 2 transformers. From my house to first transformer pole #k11237is 111ft. Thats the 15kva. The other Pole / transformer w/ my cable co amp is Another 357ft south. Pole k3277

Occupation
Home owner
I have to agree with some others, if you indeed have 15 KVA and it supplies that many dwellings, it probably is overloaded at times and nearly everyone is starved for voltage when it is overloaded. At very least they all probably see a significant sag in voltage whenever someone's AC compressor starts or if anyone has other larger motors like the mentioned commercial air compressor.
It does. Power co says no issues. Lol

Open Neutral

Occupation
Engineer
Does that really look like a 15KVA pole pig to you folks?
Of course imagery is deceiving but vs. the pole diameter....???
(It can't be that badly overloaded, the paint's not charred black.....)

kwired

Electron manager
Does that really look like a 15KVA pole pig to you folks?
Of course imagery is deceiving but vs. the pole diameter....???
(It can't be that badly overloaded, the paint's not charred black.....)
It seems possible, especially with the C15 label on it. Don't know what the C is for but 15 is likely the kVA.

retirede

I’ve heard of people in this situation getting together and maxing out their load simultaneously. Turn on everything that uses electricity. Blow the pig or at least the primary fuse. Then the POCO will do something.

kwired

Electron manager
I’ve heard of people in this situation getting together and maxing out their load simultaneously. Turn on everything that uses electricity. Blow the pig or at least the primary fuse. Then the POCO will do something.
Like change the fuse and then you get to do it all over again? If so better make sure you do whatever it takes to blow it at least daily, then they will at least think about it harder.

retirede

Like change the fuse and then you get to do it all over again? If so better make sure you do whatever it takes to blow it at least daily, then they will at least think about it harder.

I would think 2 days in a row would be enough to at least get them thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.