ENT use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

titan1021

I am currently working on a restaurant and need to install a conduit for a 240v A/C unit? The run will be really difficult to make using emt, although not impossible.

I am hoping I can make the run using ENT as it would make life much easier. I went to the code book but, the information I am finding there seems to be conflicting and not really clear.

This is a single story building and I would be running the ENT either trough an attic space or above a grid ceiling, then down inside a wall, and lastly through the exterior wall to the disconnect.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Gregg Harris

Occupation
Electrical,HVAC, Technical Trainer
I am currently working on a restaurant and need to install a conduit for a 240v A/C unit? The run will be really difficult to make using emt, although not impossible.

I am hoping I can make the run using ENT as it would make life much easier. I went to the code book but, the information I am finding there seems to be conflicting and not really clear.

This is a single story building and I would be running the ENT either trough an attic space or above a grid ceiling, then down inside a wall, and lastly through the exterior wall to the disconnect.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Two things to consider;

1. Where exposed to the direct rays of the sun, unless identified as sunlight resistant
  2. Where subject to physical damage
other than that you should be good to go

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Dude, you could buy MC in large feeders nowadays, it's great! :lol: Southwire's website says they make it up to 1000kcmil.

Well, there is available and readily available at the supply house in cut lengths. In most areas the only MC you will find on the shelf at the local supply house is #12 or 10.

Well, there is available and readily available at the supply house in cut lengths. In most areas the only MC you will find on the shelf at the local supply house is #12 or 10.
I guess it depends on your area and how dense it is. The supply houses around here could get it and probably stock a lot of it.

Your supply house doesn't stock #10 MC??

pete m.

Another consideration may be 300.22(C) if the space above the drop ceiling is used for environmental air handling.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.