EPO Wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
What size wiring would normally be run for the shutdown from where it says "RSa". Is that LV wiring? I ask because there is a xfrmr. If anyone can elaborate as to how to wiring this entirely that would be helpful. I see 120v wiring coming in obviously.

Thanks.

Attachments

• SCAN5189(1)_000.pdf
    132.1 KB · Views: 2

ron

BTW, I've gone to many data centers to remove the pre-action and Novec (or any clean agent) tie in to the EPO relay panel after the fire alarm vendor acidently activated the remote relay for testing after they thought they made the pre-action or Novec safe by removing the solinoid. ;) NIMD (not in my design) is the new NIMBY

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Yes, but what exactly is 24v in the diagram....hard to tell..no?
Anything within the two red rectangles...

24V.gif

Uncertain about lower rectangle, as all the contacts there are labeled RSa, while there is an RSa in the schematic. Additionally, there is no [discrete] RS coil shown in the schematic. Looks like it may be combined with the indicating lamp...???

Last edited:

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Anything within the two red rectangles...

24V.gif

Uncertain about lower rectangle, as all the contacts there are labeled RSa, while there is an RSa in the schematic. Additionally, there is no [discrete] RS coil shown in the schematic. Looks like it may be combined with the indicating lamp...???

Thanks Smart. Yes the first rectangle I was pretty sure about as that is the secondary side of the xfrmr. Was not sure about the second rectangle. But those "RSa" are SQD contacts so I assume LV wiring. THanks.

By the way the EPO panel and switch are located in two different areas. It looks like 120v from panel to EPO panel but would it also be 120v from EPO switch to EPO panel? Thanks. I am assuming thats how the switch gets wired(to the EPO panel).

Smart $

Esteemed Member

By the way the EPO panel and switch are located in two different areas. It looks like 120v from panel to EPO panel but would it also be 120v from EPO switch to EPO panel? Thanks. I am assuming thats how the switch gets wired(to the EPO panel).
Your assumption is correct.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Another question...If there are two EPO push buttons and they show two EPO panels on the same room....would that be correct? Why would you need a separate control panel for each EPO?? Just curious.
Assuming they shut down the same equipment, likely for monitoring and testing purposes... to know which EPO button was pushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.