equipotential bonding above ground pools...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyt

Perimeter surfaces. How do you properly identify the edge of the 3' perimeter surfaces. With #8 cu?? No structual steel. Does the perimeter surface need to be a copper wire mesh grid 12" by 12" around pool and 3' out from wall???? Or is a single #8 awg cu following contour of pool 18"-24" out and bonded minimum of 4 points good.?????

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Depends on which code cycle. The 2008 will allow just a perimeter #8 but read 680.26 The perimeter surface bonding wire is not located 3' out from the pool but rather between 18" and 24" froom the inside wall of the pool. It also needs to be 4 to 6" below subgrade.

dannyt

Correct. that the way I understood it. But the inspector wanted me to use #10 rebar all the way around the pool to 3' measured around the contour of the pool and then tie to my #8 cu wire the is 18-24" away that I already ran and bonded to the pool 6 times??????....

Hendrix

Correct. that the way I understood it. But the inspector wanted me to use #10 rebar all the way around the pool to 3' measured around the contour of the pool and then tie to my #8 cu wire the is 18-24" away that I already ran and bonded to the pool 6 times??????....
The rebar isn't necessary IMO but #10? Thats 1 1/4" rebar !!

Status
Not open for further replies.