EST Quickstart smoke detector change

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadn15

It's been a few years since I worked on the EST quickstarts and I can't remember if they are supposed to auto configure a new smoke head if you change one out, and if it doesn't can you enter the info manually via the main FACP panel, or do you have to have the software? Any help would be appreciated. We have a customer in the middle of nowhere that we service other systems on, and they would rather not pay the dealer a few hundred dollars just to change out a smoke.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
It's been a few years since I worked on the EST quickstarts and I can't remember if they are supposed to auto configure a new smoke head if you change one out, and if it doesn't can you enter the info manually via the main FACP panel, or do you have to have the software? Any help would be appreciated. We have a customer in the middle of nowhere that we service other systems on, and they would rather not pay the dealer a few hundred dollars just to change out a smoke.

As I recall, you are correct about the quickstart. Just make sure that the type of device is the same; smokes for smokes, heats for heats, pulls for pulls. Otherwise the software will get confused.

About entering the info by hand, that I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.