Estimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

asti1

guys,
I am estimating a Rite Aid store from ground up. My numbers are getting up there over 125K for now. I have never did a job like that but it's time to start :)) what would be an avg. price for a job like that be? Did anyone did one here, they are usually the same. What to look out for?
thanks

jmsbrush

A few months back I bid a CVS, 13000sq, Gear and lights were $70000 by themselves. It's about a 4 month project 3 to 4 guys( good ones). You're bid will be over $125000.

You'll have allot of site work, Lots of pipe bending, You will need a couple of lifts. Going on the top of my head somewhere between 2200 hours to 2600 man hours

peter d

asti1 said:
guys,
I am estimating a Rite Aid store from ground up. My numbers are getting up there over 125K for now. I have never did a job like that but it's time to start :)) what would be an avg. price for a job like that be? Did anyone did one here, they are usually the same. What to look out for?
thanks

If you've never done one before, prepare to lose your shirt. I have not done a Rite Aid, but have been extensively involved in a Walgreens build from the ground up. They are very much like a supermarket electrically but condensed into a much smaller package. Lots of circuits, LOTS and LOTS of details that are serious time killers, and every trade is working there at once so you will need to claim an area for your stuff right from the beginning.

The things that will get you on this if you're not careful are the pharmacy, photo area, freezers and coolers, and stub ups for the aisle and cash register check outs.

peter d

jmsbrush said:
You'll have allot of site work,

Yup, and a bucket truck (or a sub contractor) to hang the poles. Lots of exterior and canopy lighting too.

jmsbrush said:
Lots of pipe bending,

Not so much here, everything was MC cable or PVC in the slab. Walgreens has a spec for RMC coming out of the slab for power circuits...data can be PVC. The only EMT we used was for a few data stub outs and anything that was exposed in the back room.

jmsbrush said:
You will need a couple of lifts.
I think we had 3 or 4. Also had to use 14' step ladders because the lifts won't fit in the pharmacy, photo areas, and the employee only areas after they start getting closed in.

tyha

Dont be scared. As far as the wal-greens goes, yes you will lose your shirt. tehy are the most meticulous people in the business. we have worked at Cisco Systems, IBM, Nortel and these people beat them squarely with analness. But Rite Aid and CVS are alot different, we have bid both and done 2 CVS. I think they are a little more generic than wal-greens. just make sure you are refering to the arch details with every single outlet , box, whip and connection DURING THE BID PROCESS and you will be ok.

peter d

jmsbrush said:
Hey Peter D, was my hours close to you're hours?

I don't know the final count on the hours, but I do know they were way over the estimate, and serious financial losses occurred from the Walgreens job. The company has since gone out of business.

Iwire might be able to find out what the final hour count was on the Walgreens.

macmikeman

Listen to these posts about cost an time overruns. Sometimes people ask me why I no longer pursue commercial build outs. There it is and there you go..
Do miss the actual work found there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.