estimating on percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyha

That 10% is from commercial. We did a breakdown at the nd of last year just for our forcast and for fun basically. it actually took me and another guy about a month to compile all the info from the past 5 years but one of the things we found out was all of our projects from 1500 sq ft retail shops to a 4 story medical office buidling the final electrical number was between 8% and 13% for every project. we didn't include the ones that were strictly electrical or the few heavy type industrial projects we did.

hardworkingstiff

OK, so we have all this information.

Now, what are we going to do with it?

I believe no one in here will take a bid for a % of the project w/out 1st doing a take-off to insure they won't get hurt.

Engineer83

Exactly! In my experience, I use it to ball park a project and use that as one of several factors to gauge whether or not to bid the project (bonding, scheduling, manpower). Also, it is a good check afterward to see how your takeoff went.

satcom

What I find intresting is Insurance Underwriters us a percent to figure rebuilding costs, and a recent study showed that the actual cost of rebuilding far exceeded the percent estimates.

formula1

does anyone use the per box charge i believe this is a dollar amount per no matter what the box is for outlet, dimmer, fixture etc. and then a per high hat amount

Status
Not open for further replies.