estimation programs, computer software

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper123

I was wondering what software you guys use for estimating. I was really looking for something that would also have all the variable numbers that you could input for your specific area so to make it easier. Example, emt costs, fittings, ect. You can just put in your footage, and your labor costs and it would do the rest. I was thinking that this would also help in trying to find the ryme or reason for other folks bids. Material should be the same so it would help break down labor costs fast. Also, I am wondering if these programs will do billings also. Example, you go do a service call and you have a laundry list of all material used. You just type in quantities ect and it spits out your material number. Thanks

jim sutton

Re: estimation programs, computer software

I use Accubid. It is very easy to use. Material prices can be updated from pricing services like Trade Service or Epic. You can easily enter a
discount from your supplier. These discounts remain in your system until you change them. If EMT or wire goes up, your pricing service will reflect this and your discount will adjust the price to your level. Unless your supplier uses one of the pricing services, your system will never be 100% accurate, but you can get it close.

You will need to adjust the labor units based on your experience.

resistance

Jim-

Does Accubid have to be modified to meet USA pricing and standards, or is it already modified.

jim sutton

The material prices come straight from the manufacturer's list price via the pricing service. Any adjustments would be the discount you enter to reflect what you actually pay. These discounts can be applied to a range or group of material items, making them easy to enter. As far as "Standards" I did not have any problems with adjustments. I do create my own assemblies as needed and modify theirs to fit my actual needs.

copper123

Thanks guys, I have been checking them out.
Jaffe Software has a program called Power Estimator. They have a free download, so I have been checking it out. Its pretty crazy how fast you could bid a job if you had all your numbers dialed in.

highkvoltage

I just had a rep from accubid give me an online demo. I purchased the program. I figure the time this software will save me and the way it is set up will pay for it's self on the first job. :)

chrsb

If you don't mind me asking what kind of prices were they offering? Were you upgrading from another program?

highkvoltage

Cost for the accubid was 1879.00 deliveried. I also talked them into a free scalex plan wheel with usb. Both companies would have gave the scalex with the software. I liked the Jaffe software very much and it's really a toss up. The cost for the Jaffe would have been about the same. I just felt the Accubid was they way to go. They afforded a free 90 day test and 1 year support.

chrsb

Thanks, thats about what I paid for my program. Which one did you get? I know they have 3 levels of software. My program paid for itself the first job I got with it. I have learned the program is only as good as you are. I have found that the better I get at putting everything into it, the less jobs I get. I have read a lot of articals and books on estimating, they all say if you are bidding against 6 other bidders and you get the job, you just missed more than they did.

highkvoltage

PowerBid for EC, 1 year tracer with the monthly updates, 1 year support and the Scalex usb.

tkirk911

I have used Acubid Mccormick and Vision's Electrical Bid Manager 3k. You can't touch Ebm's capabilities for the cost. $1,500.00 Free demo download @visioninfosoft.com

celtic

Originally posted by jfls41:
Has anybody located a "crack" for these programs?
I think your dog is barking up the wrong tree in the wrong yard.

jim sutton

OK I'm naive, but what in the heck are you talking about? :
"Has anybody located a "crack" for these programs?"

scott thompson

"Crack" = Pirated Copy of an Application, Utility, etc. (i.e.: Software).

Term is geek slang for "Cracked The Code", like when Dongles were used to (attempt to) keep access to an application on the machine with the Dongle.

Scott

shelco

I use con est which is basicly the same as Accubid, in fact i think is is based on accubid.
Very flexible very user friendly and you can tailor the labor and mat. cost as you see fit. I have not used accubid but i understand that is almost identcal. Both excellent programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.