Estimator pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

dduffee260

I saw an ad from an EC that stated they won't pay an estimator for estimating until the EC is awarded the jobs that the estimator bid. Is this a typical way to pay an estimator?

Cool !!, I guarantee you I can get low bid on every job I estimate. Now if they don't make money that is their problem. All they require is that they are awarded the job.

zappy

Has anyone here used a estimator's services? Sound's risky. So how does it usually work? You pay the estimator first, he figures out how much the material costs, labor time and hope for the best. I guess either way it costs you money. Either your putting your own time to figure everything out, or you pay someone to do it for you.

benaround

Has anyone here used a estimator's services? Sound's risky. So how does it usually work? You pay the estimator first, he figures out how much the material costs, labor time and hope for the best. I guess either way it costs you money. Either your putting your own time to figure everything out, or you pay someone to do it for you.

zappy,

They will give you a material list and manhour total and then you fill in the costs, so I've

been told.

Status
Not open for further replies.