Ever see this brand of panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris1971

No but, I've seen a 30 amp overhead service with a knife blade disco on a single family home. We upgraded it to a 100 amp overhead service. It's neat sometimes when you run into some really old electrical equipment.:)

LEO2854

Esteemed Member

Yes that is some old stuff..

Her is one i found recently.:blink::lol:

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
Ah no, but I believe a lot of what we are looking at is pure asbestos and asbestos laden plaster.

That in itself would not be so bad but it also looks very friable.

It is scary stuff and is very brittle.

Thankfully there is not to many of those left out there except in Boston's back bay condo's

Pizza

No but, I've seen a 30 amp overhead service with a knife blade disco on a single family home. We upgraded it to a 100 amp overhead service. It's neat sometimes when you run into some really old electrical equipment.:)

Yeah I asked the home owner to bring me to his panel, and he brought me to this:jawdrop:. I have never seen anything like this before, so I had to take a pic. Pretty neat.

templdl

Darned, and they both look as if they used a common edison based type fuses where the common practice was if the fuse blows upsize the fuse making the problem go away they would think.
The panels with fusetrons made it somewhat more difficult to do the dirty deed.
Also, that cloth cover copper wire, I always felt that cutting it with my dikes had a different feeling than the newer TW of THHN. The older wire felt as if was softer to me.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Gotta love it all those green 30 amp fuses on branch circuits. I doubt the wire is #10.

Status
Not open for further replies.