Evergreen module vs. Surf Clam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

c_picard

Indeed, a surf clam dropped by a seagull, from altitude, will shatter the glass on a module!

Evidently the gulls have figured out that the clams will break open when they hit the modules as well as pavement, and they don't have to dodge traffic to get the goodies. Keep in mind these are not your typical fast-food parking lot gulls, they actually have to work for their food.:slaphead:

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
I wonder how long it will be before labeling is required for 'clam drop height rating'. STC would have to include the species of clam (shell hardness) and the weight of the clam, of course. Charts would have to be made for clam drop exposure averages. For smaller companies that can't afford an additional UL listing, there could be a hail vs. clam ratio that could be used in leiu of actual clam drop testing.

Modules in areas of high clam drop exposure would require some sort of clam juice protectant, as the building up of dried clam juice would adversely affect rated outputs on the high clam drop height rated ones. (The logic being that lower rated modules would break before enough clam juice could accumulate to cause poor power output)

earlejohnson

I wonder how long it will be before labeling is required for 'clam drop height rating'. STC would have to include the species of clam (shell hardness) and the weight of the clam, of course. Charts would have to be made for clam drop exposure averages. For smaller companies that can't afford an additional UL listing, there could be a hail vs. clam ratio that could be used in leiu of actual clam drop testing.

Modules in areas of high clam drop exposure would require some sort of clam juice protectant, as the building up of dried clam juice would adversely affect rated outputs on the high clam drop height rated ones. (The logic being that lower rated modules would break before enough clam juice could accumulate to cause poor power output)

:lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.