Exam Prep Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

badabing

Hi,

I'm getting ready to take my test soon, and have been using the Journeyman exam books, and other test prep books as well. I came across 2 questions today that I'm not sure if it's a typo or something I overlooked, so if someone would be willing to review my answers I'd appreciate it :)

Q 1:

The conductor insulation of MI cable shall be a highly-compressed refractory mineral that will provide proper ____ for all conductors.

A. Covering B. spacing C. resistance D. none of these.

I chose B. Spacing, from art. 332.112, but it says it's A. Covering. Art 332.112 doesn't say anything about that, so I'm kinda thinking it's a typo, but just want to make sure to be on the safe side :)

Q 2.

The Grounding of electrical systems; circuit conductors; surge arresters; and conductive non-current-carrying materials and equipment shall be installed and arranged in a manner that will prevent objectionable current over the grounding conductors or grounding paths.

A. True B. False

I chose A. True... like it says in Art 250.6 (A), but the book says it's B. False. Again, not sure if I'm overlooking something or if it's a typo.

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated :)

bphgravity

Re: Exam Prep Questions

I don't think there is a single book or reference I have ever read that didn't have a error or typo of some kind. Check the very front of the book. Most publishers and authors will provide a "notice" or "disclaimer" to the reader that explains errors and typos are possible, or that the information may be opinion and not fact. In many cases, a phone number or address is provided to submit questions and comments about the text or information provided. In some cases, an errata sheet can be sent to you or even a revised edition.

john m. caloggero

Re: Exam Prep Questions

I believe the answer to Q1. is (B) Spacing. The mineral insulation keeps multi-conductor MI cable separated so they will not short out.

For Q2, I agree with you that the answer is (A) True.

Status
Not open for further replies.