exam preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvilux

i am plannig to take the master license for ga. can anyone tell me which study guide is best to study. some says buy mike holt's book, some says Tom henry book. i don't know which one is better

celtic

Yes Tom does have good stuff ....I just find it funny that someone would be asking on Mike's site:
Who is better...Mike or Tom?

:D

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
celtic said:
Yes Tom does have good stuff ....I just find it funny that someone would be asking on Mike's site:
Who is better...Mike or Tom?

:D

Yeah, I must agree. :D

Roger

cadpoint

I love Books

I love Books

pvilux said:
i am plannig to take the master license for ga. can anyone tell me which study guide is best to study. some says buy mike holt's book, some says Tom henry book. i don't know which one is better
Welcome to the Forum! :D

I'd take a Class, call around to some supply houses, see if any left flyers or knows a teacher or class. Call your local school district, trade school, technical college. I say a class session cause most times they will review the more standardized required parts of the Test, but thats just my opinion.

I'd buy some books, I'd go visit the public library (most are on-line) and see some of them before you buy, maybe.

I'd crack the back of NFPA-70, math wise, refresh yourself on percentages and equations, both will be used alot in any of the books you might buy.

I have both Authors, Hi Mike, Hi Tom. I've enjoy both.

wire jerk

I did this.

I used this forum alot getting answer and calc info and new questions. I bought some of T.H.'s books because they fell into my budget. I went to a course offered by T.H. because I needed clarity on some points. I can not say which is better. T.H. and M.H. helped but it comes down to how much you know now and the amount of work you put in. I went to the library and got other books. I searched the web and found other tests and read all I could.

Where in Ga are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.