Example Calculations Questions for NEC Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

paullmullen

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I've been using the Mike Holt Electrical Exam Preparation book based on the 2020 NEC to prepare for an exam early this year. What I'm hearing from others (I'm in Wisconsin) is that the exam is somewhere between 40% and 60% calculations questions. But the practice quizzes in the back of Holt book don't include calculations. (I've finished up through Practice Exam 20, and I'm about to start the Challenge Quizzes.)

My question is... where can I find examples of the kinds of "calculation" questions that are said to be part of the actual exam?

webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Occupation
System Admin
What specifically are you looking for that is not in the book? The entire book is designed to take through Theory, Code, and Calculations. The Challenge exams will be calculation heavy since we assume you have mastered navigating the NEC by that point. You are welcome to give me a shout on my cell (I'll DM) and I'll be glad to help you if you have any further questions.

paullmullen

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
OK. I haven't stumbled into calc questions yet in the Challenge Exam. But I'll ping you if I get lost. Thanks for the DM

Status
Not open for further replies.