Exiting a C1D1 area into a non classified area

Status
Not open for further replies.

worxman

I need to exit a robotic paint booth. I have an XP enclosure then a seal fitting, then a 36" XP flex conduit, then about 20 ft of rigid conduit. I am not certain what I am supposed to do to get the conduit through the wall.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Without looking it up, a seal within 10' of the boundary (assuming wall), either side... with no conduit terminations, unions, etc. between.

worxman

I understand the seal fitting requirement within 10ft, but do I have to do anything special to get the pipe through the wall? Can I use a bulkhead fitting or just cut a hole and epoxy around the conduit?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I understand the seal fitting requirement within 10ft, but do I have to do anything special to get the pipe through the wall? Can I use a bulkhead fitting or just cut a hole and epoxy around the conduit?
It's a good idea to seal around the penetration to prevent the migration of flammables/combustibles... but a pdf search for "penetration" did not have any hits in Chapter 5.

A more general requirement falls under 300.21.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
...a pdf search for "penetration" did not have any hits in Chapter 5.
Correction: I errantly searched for "penetrations" rather than "penetration". The singular form is used once each in 520 and 530... but not in any of the "haz loc" articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.