"Expert Electrical Service"; oh really? pics inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
Yes, that is correct.

Even that quote you listed from siemens can't be read any other way.

They gave no supporting evidence that could contradict the NEC, because that is the final authority, at least on my jobs.

Well I guess we will remain in disagreement, UL states classified breakers may be installed in panels they are classified for regardless that they are not listed on the panel. I will continue to use them when I need to. :smile:

iwire

Staff member
From UL

99. Compatibility List - The referenced publication is a compatibility list which tabulates the
company name, catalog number, number of poles and electrical ratings of the Classified circuit
breaker, in addition to the company name and catalog number of the applicable UL Listed
panelboards, and corresponding UL Listed circuit breakers in place of which the Classified
circuit breaker has been investigated.
The compatibility list also details the maximum
permissible voltage and maximum available short circuit current of the supply system to the
panelboard. The Classified circuit breaker is not suitable for the specified application if the
system supply characteristics exceed the maximum values indicated in the compatibility list.
One copy of the compatibility list is provided with each circuit breaker.

http://www.ul.com/global/eng/docume...l/newsletters/MoldedCaseCircuitBreakersMG.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.