Exposed PVC

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Heat guns in my hand are inconsistent. I am guaranteed to make it look like crap. I prefer a blanket, then a box. I knwo others hate them but if I have to bend pvc I prefer them over a heat gun.

I prefer them too, but sometimes a heat gun is better than nothing...or a torch.

With practice a heat gun can produce some very nice results. Plus, a heat gun is lighter and can be used where a blanket or a box would take more space than you would like and is easier to carry.

quinn77

I prefer them too, but sometimes a heat gun is better than nothing...or a torch.

With practice a heat gun can produce some very nice results. Plus, a heat gun is lighter and can be used where a blanket or a box would take more space than you would like and is easier to carry.

i prefer a hot box myself, however they have power requirements which arn't always available. so, i started using the hot bend heat gun, and 10 years later ive gotten pretty good at using one. no burns, and with my homemade bending table and jigs, looks like a craftsman's conduit. some of my customers have taken pictures of it for their marketing materials. yes, im proud of it. with that said, my "heat gun" takes minimal setup, no electrical needed, just a bottle of propane. it works for me, but thats only MY experience.:)

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
i prefer a hot box myself, however they have power requirements which arn't always available. so, i started using the hot bend heat gun, and 10 years later ive gotten pretty good at using one. no burns, and with my homemade bending table and jigs, looks like a craftsman's conduit. some of my customers have taken pictures of it for their marketing materials. yes, im proud of it. with that said, my "heat gun" takes minimal setup, no electrical needed, just a bottle of propane. it works for me, but thats only MY experience.:)

Who makes that heat gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.