Extension cord marking

Status
Not open for further replies.

iaov

Anybody know what the OSHA color for extension cords is this quarter and does anyone know where one could look this up quick??

480sparky

1926.404(b)(1)(iii)(G) Tests performed as required in this paragraph shall be recorded. This test record shall identify each receptacle, cord set, and cord- and plug-connected equipment that passed the test and shall indicate the last date it was tested or the interval for which it was tested. This record shall be kept by means of logs, color coding, or other effective means and shall be maintained until replaced by a more current record. The record shall be made available on the jobsite for inspection by the Assistant Secretary and any affected employee.

iaov

I was on a job sight a while back and I thought I saw a list with the colors specified. We had to go and put the proper color tape on all our cords.

Red Wiggler

Color code for cords

Color code for cords

Most of the jobs I have been on that use the Assured Grounding Program and Quarterly inspections use the following color code...

Jan April
Feb = White for Winter (snow) May = Green for Spring (New Growth)
Mar June

July Oct
August = Red for Summer (Hot) Nov = Orange for Fall (Leaves)
Sept Dec

Red Wiggler

Color codes for cords

Color codes for cords

Jan
Feb = White for Winter
Mar

Apr
May = Green for Spring
Jun

July
Aug = Red for Summer
Sept

Oct
Nov = Orange for Fall
Dec

westw

Colour Codde For Extension Cord

Colour Codde For Extension Cord

Anybody know what the OSHA color for extension cords is this quarter and does anyone know where one could look this up quick??
RED - January, February, March
WHITE - April, May, June
BLUE - July, August, September
GREEN - October, November, December

Status
Not open for further replies.