Extension mud ring? Adjustable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krist003

Do they make a mud ring extension? We have some boxes with mud rings already installed on them in CMU block walls. We need to extend them various amounts from 1/2" to 2" because they now decided to install acoustical panels and fur out some walls. Not really looking to install flash guards. Looking for something that mounts to the existing mud ring and hopefully is adjustable.

Thanks for the help!

fmtjfw

Do they make a mud ring extension? We have some boxes with mud rings already installed on them in CMU block walls. We need to extend them various amounts from 1/2" to 2" because they now decided to install acoustical panels and fur out some walls. Not really looking to install flash guards. Looking for something that mounts to the existing mud ring and hopefully is adjustable.

Thanks for the help!

Got a sample in the mail Cooper "Rapid Ring". I'm sure there are others. This requires the use of their mudring.

GUNNING

CHANGE ORDER

CHANGE ORDER

Pop out the block and put in the right ring.

equipment_hammer_chisel.jpg

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
.... because they now decided to install acoustical panels and fur out some walls.
Thanks for the help!

Why not extra work order??? Instead of making things work. It wasn't your fault the walls are being furred out. If it was one or two boxes I can understand but i am assuming you need rings for more than 1 or 2 boxes.

kwired

Electron manager
When making such extensions it sometimes is easy to overlook 300.14. Make sure the amount of free conductor at each box complies.

Status
Not open for further replies.