Exterior Lighting Comcheck

aeagle

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
For a large multifamily campus with ~15 buildings, would the exterior unit entry sconces count towards the exterior lighting comcheck? I would think they are not part of this calculation as they are controlled by the unit occupant, I would think they fall under unit lighting. Along the same lines, if you are doing a comcheck for exterior lighting of pathways and parking, would you take only the square footage of the pathways and parking areas, or would you take the entire square footage of the site? I have no wiggle room to add any fixtures when I use only the parking area.

Charged

Occupation
Electrical Designer
I think comchecks are low risk enough , I would make judgement calls like the one above to make it work for your design. There are a lot of different categories you can put building mounted lights that are all justifiable. Try to get them into tradable categories and be generous with your square footage take off. Maybe not the entire site but maybe as if you were doing a takeoff on a set of plans not being able to snap to points in auto cad if that’s make sense, i. e. don’t remove landscape islands and stuff