FA monitor module resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetacon

I have just begun installing a FA alarm system that has 70 monitor modules. the EOL is specced out at 47K. I began checking the factory provided resistors and none of them metered out at all. i get no resistance reading and no continuity reading at all. Is there something I am missing or are all of the resistors faulty?
thanks

iwire

Staff member
I have just begun installing a FA alarm system that has 70 monitor modules. the EOL is specced out at 47K. I began checking the factory provided resistors and none of them metered out at all. i get no resistance reading and no continuity reading at all. Is there something I am missing or are all of the resistors faulty?
thanks

I would have a hard time believing all 70 resisters are bad.

Have you checked the meter? Are you on the right range? Is the battery at full power?

thetacon

I checked the the resistors with a fluke Tpro. first thing i did was change the batteries, then i grabbed the 3.9k and the 10k resistor out of the NAC panels and got proper reads for both of those. I checked each of the first 20 then I spot checked the remaining boxes with the same result. It seems crazy to me that is why i posted the question.

G._S._Ohm

". . .when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. . ."
But, have someone else check some of these. Don't tell them what you found when you ran the tests.

nhfire77

If you put the resistor in the module, does the panel show the point normal?

You need to try another meter, maybe?

I've never seen a bad out of the box resistor, not that it doesn't happen, but I install 100-150 of those firelite modules a year with the 47k ohm resistor.

EBFD6

I checked the the resistors with a fluke Tpro. first thing i did was change the batteries, then i grabbed the 3.9k and the 10k resistor out of the NAC panels and got proper reads for both of those. I checked each of the first 20 then I spot checked the remaining boxes with the same result. It seems crazy to me that is why i posted the question.

The Tpro only reads to 10k, anything more than that will not give you a reading. You need to use a meter with the correct range.

thetacon

thanks that explains it. I figured it was something simple that i had not taken into consideration. I always learn so much on MH thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.