Fargo to Asbury loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

E_nstrctr

This is an instruction on how to ground a couple of single phase transformer.
Could someone explain what it is referring to? It seems like "fargo" is being used as a verb and "Asbury loop" is a particular way to do the grounding.
The issue is being asked also in http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=252527&page=10 and the only reference is a 1986/87 blueprint from the DOA.
The full note reads: "GROUND WIRE AND TWO GROUND RODS TO BE INSTALLED AT LEAST 24 INCHES BELOW FINAL GRADE. LOOP GROUND WIRE INTO EACH VAULT AND FARGO TO ASBURY LOOP"
The print can be seen at http://www.fs.fed.us/database/acad/elec/ed000107.pdf
Thank you for your help

E_nstrctr

I can't believe you have never fargoed to an asbury loop...:grin:
I got to teach you guys everything.

You know, you take the and put it here then you do this and all is well...oops, I forgot to mention, don't do this in the rain, the asbury loop melts in the rain. ;)

I think the standard grounding of a transformer is no different than the typical grounding of transformers

mivey

That's funny. It must be a typo. Someone probably had something like "as-buried", or "buried", or "ground loop as pictured", or "24 inches below final grade as pictured", or "fargo to the as-buried loop", etc. The sentence got scrambled and was missed in the proof-read.

They are just talking about the vault ground wire loop connection to the buried ground loop.

Fargo is a brand of connectors and they also make speed wrenches so they must be talking about a mechanical grounding connection.

mivey

I like this post from eng-tips:

Mike Halloran said:
The leader from the note that references note 6 appears to be pointing to the corrugated duct, not the ground wire, as if it were asking the contractor to wrap the wire around the duct in some specific way, known as a 'Fargo to Asbury Loop'

:grin:

mivey

I also wondered if they meant to fargo the ground loop to the primary loop but I wouldn't think they would want the contractor to mess with the primary cable ends since PGE is going to make up the connections.

It would be safer to ground the primary cable.

add: the "primary" to "asbury" to be a proofing error as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.