Feed to garage

Status
Not open for further replies.

guschash

I had a question put to me today that I didn't know how to answer. They ask me if they could have one 20 amp circuit going to the garage. I said sure and they said overhead and what type of wire. Where do I find the answer in the code book? 230.202 SEC (A) mentons conductor size but this one circuit not a service. I have to leave now so I'll check back later.

Thanks
Gus

480sparky

I had a question put to me today that I didn't know how to answer. They ask me if they could have one 20 amp circuit going to the garage. I said sure and they said overhead and what type of wire. Where do I find the answer in the code book? 230.202 SEC (A) mentons conductor size but this one circuit not a service. I have to leave now so I'll check back later.

Thanks
Gus

230.202? 230 is for services, not branch circuits. And 230.202 is for services over 600V.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor

Thanks
Gus

Art. 225 part II will get you started and Uf may be used with a messenger support 340.12(11)

guschash

Thanks for the replies. Read 340.12 and 396 and 225.4 and 225.6. I think 225.4 and 225.6 was what I was looking for. Thanks

gus

Status
Not open for further replies.