Fertilizer and pesticides

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this be considered Class 1 location if stored in a building?
Not sure but some pesticides may be flammable but again, this is for storage. May be able to use a seperate UL approved storage cabinet for just the pesticides if in fact they are flammable.
I wouldnt think the fertilizer would be class 1 unless you were mixing creating a dust.

coulter

johnsciolino said:
...I wouldnt think the fertilizer would be class 1 unless you were mixing creating a dust.
I would need some more information. Class 1 is for gases or vapors. Class 2 is for dusts. Recommend reading NEC 500.5. That should give you some ideas about the differences.

Perhaps you are asking about Class 2, Div 1 or Div 2.

Unless you are working with Zones, in which case recommend reading 505, and 506.

carl

muskiedog

Material Safety Data Sheets

Material Safety Data Sheets

Review the MSDS's for the products. there should be information on storage. Also contact the vendor, they should be able to direct you on this. We use them at our golf course and they are not stored in anything special. The storage area may have issues more with spills and water or ground contamination.

johnsciolino said:
Would this be considered Class 1 location if stored in a building?
Not sure but some pesticides may be flammable but again, this is for storage. May be able to use a seperate UL approved storage cabinet for just the pesticides if in fact they are flammable.
I wouldnt think the fertilizer would be class 1 unless you were mixing creating a dust.
More specifics are needed on the materials, but I have never seen fertilizers or pesticides needing classification.

Status
Not open for further replies.