Fire Alarm Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkyMarkNC

Standard FA cables from most manufacturers can be 2 conductor 1 pair, 4 conductor 2 pair, 6 conductor 3 pair, or 8 conductor 4 pair cables.

jbelectric777

Hi There, Im starting a security wiring (alarm) company, construction tanked and I have a bad back, are you selling your alarm wire? Just curious if I get a bid on a FA and need it, multi wire FA cable is a huge labor and time saver.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Does it come in 4 pair or only 1 &2 pair. I have a lot of it and it is saying 4 pair but maybe it is (2) 2 pair. THanks.

There really isn't anything that is listed as "fire alarm cable". Lots of manufacturers market FP, FPR, or FPLP cable that has a red overjacket. I just sent out some 18/8 (4-pair, if you will) to a jobsite that had an off-white overjacket, but it was FPLP. Then you have your twisted and twisted shielded. Please note that multi-pair wire is usually not a true multi-pair with the pairs separated from one another.

I have seen offered true multi-pair, where the pairs are individually twisted and shielded but it's not commonly found in fire alarm systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.