Fire Alarm Visual requirements for "lounge areas"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gategator37

Do you guys think a visual notification appliance would be required in a loung area (break room)? This is a 3 story office building with the 3rd floor being all offices and conference rooms.

Thanks in advance.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Yes, I believe visual devices are required in "common" areas shared by occupants of a building.

I also think the conference rooms would also require strobes.

Gategator37

Thanks for the advise. They are currently shown as being installed in all Conference Rooms, but not Lounge areas.

Thanks again.

Mr 3phase

Audio and visual devices are required. They must be syncronized if more than one is visible at the same time. You may also want to check with the local fire department as Boston Fire now requires that, upon activation of the fira alarm system, all house lighting must rise to full illumination and the sound system must shut down.

dhalleron

I also believe visuals are required in the lounge and conference rooms. Basically any public or common area where a hearing impaired person might be alone requires them.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Audio and visual devices are required. They must be syncronized if more than one is visible at the same time. You may also want to check with the local fire department as Boston Fire now requires that, upon activation of the fira alarm system, all house lighting must rise to full illumination and the sound system must shut down.

I agree, but the audio device doesn't have to be in the same room. One located in a corridor might provide enough coverage for the corridor and several rooms that connect to the corridor.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.