fire alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper chopper

I was just wondering ,here in wisconsin they have just adopted this year the 2010 nfpa 72 and if any of you know of a online source or class or maybe even just telling us here on the forums of the new changes involved with this code book for fire alarm systems????

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
I was just wondering ,here in wisconsin they have just adopted this year the 2010 nfpa 72 and if any of you know of a online source or class or maybe even just telling us here on the forums of the new changes involved with this code book for fire alarm systems????

I haven't had time to review the changes in detail, but they are massive. Not so much in content, but the chapter structure is hugely revised, going from 11 to 29. Many of these chapters are reserved for future use. I doubt there is any point to attempting a side-by-side comparison. It's not like they fiddled a bit with article 725, adding a section here and there. It's like they tore apart 725 and put parts of it in three separate articles. I exaggerate a little, but you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.