Fire Pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmmillican

Inactive, Email Never Verified
I am looking for some input concerning Fire Pump connections. My head starts swimming every time I look at article 695. If there is a separate utility service feeding the fire pump, and the fire pump controller handles the locked rotor protection required, and the feeder conductors are sized at 125% of the FLC of all the motors, can't the service disconnect just be a non fused disconnect sized for the FLC without having to provide overcurrent protection sized at the locked rotor amps?

jack horner

Banned
lmmillican said:
I am looking for some input concerning Fire Pump connections. My head starts swimming every time I look at article 695. If there is a separate utility service feeding the fire pump, and the fire pump controller handles the locked rotor protection required, and the feeder conductors are sized at 125% of the FLC of all the motors, can't the service disconnect just be a non fused disconnect sized for the FLC without having to provide overcurrent protection sized at the locked rotor amps?

Yes you are correct

kalanjeya

cable is being sized for locked rotor ampacity to withstand the schort circuit current where as in incomer it is there already " short circuit current ampacity"

If you come to contorl part " may be of electronic parts" just to contol locked rotor current , no need to carry locked rotor current.

Status
Not open for further replies.