Fittings in C1D2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonH&H

Hi everyone-
Here is the situation I’m in, I have a C1D1 panel with threaded holes in it. It is located in a C1D2 location. Two nipples leaving the box have Myers hubs on them and the rest are CGB’s holding TC-ER cable. Do I need to replace the fittings with ones that are listed for a C1D1 location because of the panel or will it work with the C1D2 fittings? Thanks!

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
The answer revolves around why the enclosure is explosionproof. If it is required to be explosionproof, the fittings need to be replaced. If it isn't required to be, the fittings are probably fine as long as five threads are engaged.

In either case, proper grounding/bonding methods need to be addressed.

Jim1959

I'm guessing by panel, you mean breaker panel in an exposionproof enclosure. If that is the case, all conduits connecting to the panel need to have seal offs, or sealing connectors in the case of cables. Any fitting between the seal off and the enclosure must be rated CID1, Meyer's hubs would not be allowed. Requirements for breaker panels and connecting conduits are essentially the same for D1 & D2.

JasonH&H

Thanks guys! Since my CGB’s were rated for C1D2 I was not sure if I needed to seal them. I’m replacing those with the correct fittings and everything should be up to code

Status
Not open for further replies.