Fixture Tails

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
12/2 MC cable.

But I suspect your job is being done in a different style, we daisy chain from fixture to fixture with MC cable.

I am guessing you are piping from fixture location to fixture location and dropping a single whip to each fixture.

If we were to do that we would order the fixtures equipped with whips from the factory.

mstrlucky74

12/2 MC cable.

But I suspect your job is being done in a different style, we daisy chain from fixture to fixture with MC cable.

I am guessing you are piping from fixture location to fixture location and dropping a single whip to each fixture.

If we were to do that we would order the fixtures equipped with whips from the factory.

How can you daisy chain 2x2 & 2x4's. You have to whip to a j-box from the fixture.

cdslotz

It is almost the only way it is done in this area, there is no code reason not to.

I've seen a ton of specs that only allow MC no longer than 6'...which means the only use for MC would be for fixture whips.
Which means you have to drop whips from J-boxes.
Which means there has to be a ton of access panels in sheetrock ceilings which are ugly and expensive. And always a fight on who furnishes them.
I have sat in meetings with Architects and Engineers arguing my case to allow us to daisy chain above sheetrock ceilings. When I direct their
attention to the access panels over the conference room table, I tell them..."this is what you are telling me you want"....
Daisy chain wins every time.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
:D

Well I did mean here in my area.

You guys use PVC coated rigid for door bell wires right?

Heck, even WiFi and Bluetooth connections need to be in a raceway.
And you should see the cords on flashlights. :)
(Gotta put the EGC somewhere.)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.