Flickering 4 lamp wraparound fluorescent fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed 2 Williams Brand 4 lamp wraparound fluorescent fixtures for a customer with Sylvania octron/Eco 3000k lamps and both of them will start flickering after they warm up. I can switch them off and and back on and they will not flicker for a couple of minutes but they will start doing it again. All other lights in new house seem fine. Does anyone have any ideas or has Williams had trouble like this before. I have checked all connections even took out afci breaker still doing it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

kwired

Electron manager
I installed 2 Williams Brand 4 lamp wraparound fluorescent fixtures for a customer with Sylvania octron/Eco 3000k lamps and both of them will start flickering after they warm up. I can switch them off and and back on and they will not flicker for a couple of minutes but they will start doing it again. All other lights in new house seem fine. Does anyone have any ideas or has Williams had trouble like this before. I have checked all connections even took out afci breaker still doing it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
I would say the problem is not with Williams but rather a lamp or ballast issue. The ballast is from some other provider, they don't always use the same provider, and lamps are generally not included but are also third party regardless.

Wires277

I would make sure the correct lamps (T-8 or T-12 ) are in the light and check the ground. If it get better when you touch the lamp then it may be ground issue. Also check sockets for good connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.