Floating Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cletis

Going to look at doing a bunch of inside work on a floating restaurant chain. All work is inside and I think it's just a bunch of branch circuits for the most part. Sifted through article 555 and nothing seems to apply? Never worked on a floating restaurant, anything I should be brushing up on different then a land restaurant anyone can think of ? I realize anything within 2ft of data plenum gfci but other than that cant find anything as of yet

Cletis

I don't think 555 applies...try 553.

Ok, I just caught this in 553

553.11 Bonding of Non?Current-Carrying Metal Parts. All metal parts in contact with the water, all metal piping, and all non?current-carrying metal parts that may become energized shall be connected to the grounding bus in the panelboard.

Ok, to me this pretty much means to bond the whole dang boat/restaurant ?? Am I reading this right? This looks like a rule a shirt pocket inspector could make your life hell with

fmtjfw

Ok, I just caught this in 553

553.11 Bonding of Non?Current-Carrying Metal Parts. All metal parts in contact with the water, all metal piping, and all non?current-carrying metal parts that may become energized shall be connected to the grounding bus in the panelboard.

Ok, to me this pretty much means to bond the whole dang boat/restaurant ?? Am I reading this right? This looks like a rule a shirt pocket inspector could make your life hell with

And not doing it could kill someone.
[All the ground wires are to be insulated]

mgookin

Who has jurisdiction (and what codes apply) depends on the floating structure.

If it moves (as in navigates), it's under USCG jurisdiction. If it doesn't, then it falls to local AHJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.