Florida Journeyman Test Requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj41865

Hello. :)
Yes, I'm a new member. Found this place just now through the magic of Google.
I was wondering, what is the actual requirement in terms of years in the trade to take the journeyman test in the State of Florida?
It seems to me, it used to be 4 years, but my boss is trying to tell me it's 6 years now.
Myself, I've been in the trade for 17 years, just about, and I figure it's about time to get the license, which leads me to my next question...
How does one prove to the state that one does in fact have enough time in the trade? My big problem is, aside from my current employer, whom I've been with for nearly 4 years now, every company I ever worked for has gone out of business, and I have not been able to track them down.
Thanks. :)

dezwitinc

Florida Test

Florida Test

I went through the same thing when I applied for the EC test in Florida.
In the end, they accepted copies of my tax returns and W2s from past employers.
They will hassle you but if you are persistant, you can get it through.

bphgravity

ANY licensed contractor, professional engineer, or building code administrator can verify experience of an applicant. It doesn't have to be the actual employer you had that fills out the forms. For example, if your current employer has a contractors license, he can verify your total experience, including your past experience. If you know your local building official and he happens to know your work history, he can fill out your experience verification. Same applies to any engineers you may know and that know you and your work history.

Status
Not open for further replies.