Fluke Scopemeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Nile

Occupation
Electrician
You could use it like a snake oil salesmen to provide the bells and whistles to convince people to buy these devices that will cut their energy bill.

Joking of course.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230326-082046.png
    Screenshot_20230326-082046.png
    598.8 KB · Views: 4
  • miraclewatt-power-stabilizer-1.jpg
    miraclewatt-power-stabilizer-1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 4

Tainted

Occupation
Engineer (PE)
Then tell your boss to learn how to use it and think of a way the company can use it. Pretty stupid thinking on his part IMO. What's it worth sitting on the shelf?

-Hal
I think I know how I can make money from this. If I do a job that requires motors, I can use this tool to commission the motors since it has a motor analyzer built into it. It’s billable hours right there!

blueheels2

Occupation
Electrical contractor
I guess PQA is only useful for data centers and industrial facilities, cannot find a use for it in residential apartment buildings lol. did that spike damage any equipment?
So I just had a customer where we spent 2 months dealing with lower quality issues. I built a new service (upgrade to 400 amp) last summer and he had a couple of tvs and a sous vide machine go bad. I installed a new car charger for him and it has been consistently overheating since December. I came out and investigated my connections and found nothing wrong. I offered to get a pay meter setup on his side but it was going to be 1k$ . Well he bought a cheap one online for 160$ and it was showing all kinds of neutral and line spikes and a voltage sag last week. He was condsrantly emailing this information to the utility and they admitted last week they need to upsize the wire feeding the service. Although I suspect the neutral is failing underground. Either way it’s on the utility side of the meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.