Fluke's new 345.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdshunk

wptski said:
Kind of wonder why something more technical than a wiggy becomes a joke here? This is just not the right forum for this type of discussion!

There are a class of electricians that actually use these type of tools but obviously, hardly any here.:roll:
No, I wouldn't say that at all. I happen to own both a Fluke 43 and an Ideal 61-805, and I think they're both fine tools, but I use the Ideal before the Fluke myself. This thing we're talking about here seems like the kindergarten version of a real tool to me. You'll just have to forgive me or ignore me for not being able to get excited about this one.

Last edited:

wptski

mdshunk said:
No, I wouldn't say that at all. I happen to own both a Fluke 43 and an Ideal 61-805, and I think they're both fine tools, but I use the Ideal before the Fluke myself. This thing we're talking about here seems like the kindergarten version of a real tool to me. You'll just have to forgive me or ignore me for not being able to get excited about this one.
Do you own a digital current clamp meter? The 345 is a current clamp plus it does more.

Would somebody that works off a ladder most of day need one? Probably not but a maintainence electrician may. I assume that the original poster falls into that catagory.

Isn't the Ideal 61-805 a three phase analyzer and the Fluke 43 a single phase analyzer?

Status
Not open for further replies.