fourway white despard switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am an electrical contractor in Virginia Beach, recently I have been working on a old manor house that was split into two apartments. The owner wanted me to replace the old despard type stackable switches to new white ones just for looks and some that weren't working. I was able to find new single pole and 3way despard switches from the Pass Seymor factory.....(they aren't made anymore), but they had
some in stock. My problem is there is a stacked 3way, 4way, 3way in a single gang box. I replaced the 3ways, but am unable to find a white 4way despard switch (this one is broken). The other problem is that this is old wiring in conduit, so cutting in a new box would be almost impossible and as the say with old wire "let sleeping dogs lye". There are already 10 wires in this box and trying to tie a cutin box or cut the conduit for a new 3 gang box would be a mess. So I am desperate to find a white 4way despard switch, there has to be one out there
somewhere. Any clues ?????

wireddd

4 way desbar

4 way desbar

You can try Leviton who makes a triple device in their Decora line. They may have the combination your looking for or just fish in a seperate box with greenfied next to your old one. Then you can install a Decora 4-way into that box and keep your two threeways in the existing box or install a Decora combination device with two three ways . This way all three will match

Riograndeelectric

I do not think any one makes a 4 way despard P&S does not show one in there catalog and It does not look like Leviton makes a despard series.

IN the decora line both manufactours only make a triple stack decors with single poles or 3 ways but no four ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.