franchise restaurant billing/payments

Status
Not open for further replies.

emahler

iwire said:
Your point being?

My point was simply to know the policies of any chain type place before you do the work.

it was a general point..it wasn't aimed at....have a cup of coffee....

iwire

Staff member
emahler said:
GO HAVE A FRICKEN' CUP OF COFFEE AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU USE TO CALM DOWN.....

is that better?

I am perfectly calm and relaxed. :smile:

I just figured if you where going to tell me when to have coffee we where pals.

growler

hardworkingstiff said:
My understanding is if the check is made out to a Corporation you did not need a 1099. If the check is made out to a business that is not a Corporation, then a 1099 is in order whether it is a 'ligit' business or not.

From what I was reading last night ( I just double checked ) everyone other than a corporation gets a 1099. This includes sole proprietor, partnerships, and even LLC's.

They state that a form W-9 is required even from a corporation but that they do not need to issue a 1099. The IRS doesn't consider an invoice to be proof that a corporation exist and they want a signed legal document ( Form W-9).

The best place to go for tax information is straight to the horse's mouth, the IRS.

So if you pay any vendors that don't furnish you with a Form W-9 even if they say the are a corporation to be to be on the safe side it's best to issue a 1099.

growler

iwire said:
One of our chain accounts requires the service guys to punch in and out using the stores time clock, then you need a managers signature on that time card along with the T&M slip.

Folks, large chain accounts can dictate terms such as this because there is so much business at stake ( money).

They know that there are many companies that want the large volume of business. It's like Wal Mart dictating terms to their suppliers ( it happens ).

I'm not sure how much Butt I would kiss for a large account like this but I'm sure there is a certain temptation. After all money is money.

emahler

growler said:
Folks, large chain accounts can dictate terms such as this because there is so much business at stake ( money).

They know that there are many companies that want the large volume of business. It's like Wal Mart dictating terms to their suppliers ( it happens ).

I'm not sure how much Butt I would kiss for a large account like this but I'm sure there is a certain temptation. After all money is money.

so long as you are making your margins...you may take this through a contract at essentially a break even, with the hopes of getting the larger, money making projects. However, many chains have national contracts already with facility maintenance companies. They in turn, sub the work out to local companies. This does not guarantee you anything. So taking this job, under their terms, may be a losing proposition. You need to clearly think this through, and not just get all bug eyed because you have the "opportunity" to work for this giant company...now bob, HAVE A CUP OF COFFEE, BUDDY

mdshunk

emahler said:
However, many chains have national contracts already with facility maintenance companies. They in turn, sub the work out to local companies. ...
Uh-huh. NationsService is one such company that screwed me too. I'm not even sure they're in business anymore. They always paid late anyhow (90 days), but you can rack up a lot of other work in that 90 days when they decide to quit paying.

I got called out to repair a food warmer on a Friday nite @ 8pm to a major upscale chain restaurant (everybody hates cold food). Charged overtime rate, with 3 hour minimum. The manager paid cash, I gave him a paid receipt. I also got a free prime rib dinner for me and my apprentice, and a signed business card for 20% off all future purchases (VIP). I took my family of six back and used the card. The chef, the manager, and the assist manager came out to say "hi". They gave us free appetizers, and extra large desserts, and 20% off the check. (I tipped the waitress big time). I've used the card twice.

They called me back again for another repair, so they must have been happy.

Great deal for me and them!

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
emahler said:
GO HAVE A FRICKEN' CUP OF COFFEE AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU USE TO CALM DOWN.....

is that better?

Hmmmm, it appears as though we had a bad morning, hopefully things are better now. :D

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.