Friday Night Picture Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minuteman

Went to an office building leased to a Federal agency, that had storm damage. The agency moved out, but will move back in by July 1st. The roof was repaired, but the roofer poured hot tar down upon a live panel.

100_0947.jpg

100_0948.jpg

While they are gone, I was told to bid making any repairs needed. Upon a quick tour, I found several violations, but no damage.

100_0945.jpg

100_0936.jpg

100_0957.jpg

mdshunk

It's a wonder that tar thing doesn't happen more often. You often see tar on top of ceiling tiles or drizzled on pipes and such from when they filled in the pitch pockets. Seems like they ought to stuff them full of something first before they start pouring tar.

mdshunk

Minuteman said:
Is this the proper way to splice Aluminum?
It may well be okay. From the bumps on that connector I can see through the tape, they probably used an H-Tap. It has a pretty distinctive profile after it's crimped. They didn't tape it up near good enough for my liking, it's ugly, but it's probably okay too.

mdshunk

KentAT said:
...or in this case, lock"on" tag"on"...
In that case, it is probably a helpful flag. I sometimes notice panel schedule notes that say something like "do not turn off - alarm system". I normally notice them right after I turn it off. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.