from mikes news letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Only time I've seen a problem with it is when guys use their zillion-volt MegaTorque cordless drill to tighten the screws. I'll keep using my 10-in-1.

frizbeedog

Authored By Richard Zulch?

Authored By Richard Zulch?

zdog said:
i was doing a search about 3/8 nm connectors from another post.this came up first.has anyone had problems with 12/3 and 3/8 nm connectors?seems like this guy was worried about it.or am i just misreading it(wont be the first time :grin: )if this has been discused sorry.
http://www.mikeholt.com/newsletters.php?action=display&letterID=319

Question: Who is Richard Zulch? Waht is Zulch Labrotories, Inc.? My search turned up nada.

What's his angle?

As Long as there are suitable plastic connectors, I won't worry. And if I had to use the other....workmanship man, common sesne man.

walkerj

480sparky said:
Only time I've seen a problem with it is when guys use their zillion-volt MegaTorque cordless drill to tighten the screws. I'll keep using my 10-in-1.

Power tools have their place.
I don't see any need to use the drill for that.
I'll stick with the 10-in-1 also

mivey

walkerj said:
Power tools have their place.
I don't see any need to use the drill for that.
I'll stick with the 10-in-1 also
When you guys get old and busted up like me, the drill can make you feel a lot younger. I just can't hold out like I used to. It is all in the skill of the drill.

Ed Carr

I actually ran into this on a large resi I did several years ago.Had two shorts as a result of the NM connector & 12/3. Don't recall the brand but it had a little round dimple instead of the usual flat bar on the strap.I also did not use my Binford 88Volt Lithium/Plutonium cordless either!
PS that would be the chrome plated one :grin:

mivey

What about the Binford Ultra Mega Extreme Monster Excessive 999oz Hammer that pinches the wire under the staple?

480sparky

(Insert simian grunts here)

477c78cf.jpg

BTW, Tim has his own MySpace page.​

e57

frogneck77 said:
Some people never learn what all those numbers mean on a cordless drill-AKA-CLUTCH

Some people never realize what the long skinny thing in their pouch is for... (Get you minds out of the gutter... A screw driver!!!!) Easy to use and the batteries never die... (Well almost never...)

Anyway.....
I wonder what kind of informal testing has been done to find out how long it takes to cut a cable in half with a set screw connector and an impact driver?????

mivey

e57 said:
Some people never realize what the long skinny thing in their pouch is for... (Get you minds out of the gutter... A screw driver!!!!) Easy to use and the batteries never die... (Well almost never...)

Anyway.....
I wonder what kind of informal testing has been done to find out how long it takes to cut a cable in half with a set screw connector and an impact driver?????
I'm not as durable as I used to be. A long day of steadily turning a screwdriver and I am in some serious pain and cramps (Midol doesn't help:grin: ). The screwgun allows me to hold out longer. As with all things, you just have to be careful. I can damage wire with a screwdriver too if I'm not careful (well, maybe in the morning when my Wheaties are at full strength).

Status
Not open for further replies.