Fuel pump access control

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
LOL! That may be true, but the question is about the owner of this place being concerned about fuel disappearing.

-Hal

The only tank we’ve ever locked is the gasoline tank. We have a 500 gal highway diesel and 5000 gal off road diesel tank that’s never been locked. I don’t know many people that do lock them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwired

Electron manager
I have had a few that wanted the fuel breaker(s) (inside a building) easy to identify for security reasons, but then you later notice they seldom if ever shut it off, or even if they do the building maybe is never locked.

When crop prices were at a high level it was common to see locked panel covers, locks on disconnects, etc. and even taking away portable augers when not in use, as there were times where people would show up at a remote storage site where nobody is around and just load a semi truck of someone else's crop.

Have one farm customer with many storage sites spread around that usually locks unloading disconnects or panel doors so it is not too easy to turn on unloading equipment. One time they had a huge pile of corn in front of a bin - was told someone apparently started unload auger and then left while it still running - it made a pretty large pile before it was plugged enough to cause it to trip on motor overload. About had to be intentional, this had combination starter right close to motor, they normally would shut disconnect off plus would normally close the gates in the bottom of bin so that even if it would accidentally start somehow, no grain would enter the auger or at very least you only purge anything that was left in the auger last time it was used.

Status
Not open for further replies.