Funny story about a GC and a bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

mivey

hardworkingstiff said:
I don't know, the way the bank did it, the person endorsing the check will be able to see the deposit and track the check. If the bank cashed it and Mivey's wife was not a friend/partner, she could have endorsed the check with Mivey's signature (forgery), had it cashed, and Mivey would never know about it. I bet there are more reasons for doing it that way too.
By letting her deposit it, then turn right around and take money out of the same account, it seemed to me to be the same as cashing it. I never thought about tracking the deposit like you said. I just don't think along those lines (too trusting?).

She has full authority to do what she wants with the money anyway since the account is also hers. You would think the bank would realize I trust her or she would have a separate account. Of course, if I did not trust her, we wouldn't be married either.

I do remember mother had to have a power of attorney to handle dad's affairs when he was not able. I guess the sanctity of marriage is not what it used to be. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.