Furniture system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
What is the most common applications when you have a furniture system that shows an "in-feed" for the tele/data? Is the jack and plate part of the furniture and you just run the cable through the furniture and terminate? THanks.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Depends on the furniture. I believe all manufacturers have plates that will accept keystone jacks but the big question is whether you can get them, especially if the furniture is old and used and if they will fit your particular brand of keystone jack to begin with.

The times that I had to do a job like that the furniture was always used with little chance of getting other than what it came with. I ran the cables in the wireways and brought it out to surface jack housings for each phone and computer location. The jack housings accept keystone jacks.

-Hal

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Depends on the furniture. I believe all manufacturers have plates that will accept keystone jacks but the big question is whether you can get them, especially if the furniture is old and used and if they will fit your particular brand of keystone jack to begin with.

The times that I had to do a job like that the furniture was always used with little chance of getting other than what it came with. I ran the cables in the wireways and brought it out to surface jack housings for each phone and computer location. The jack housings accept keystone jacks.

-Hal

I am referring to brand new furniture. Thanks.

stevebea

What is the most common applications when you have a furniture system that shows an "in-feed" for the tele/data? Is the jack and plate part of the furniture and you just run the cable through the furniture and terminate? THanks.

The new furniture I have wired for voice/data was stamped and tapped for for the plate 6/32. I simply pulled through the furniture, knocked the stamp out where I wanted to mount the plate, terminated and screwed plate fast. I should tell you, this was expensive free standing furniture not your typical cubicule partitions.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
The new furniture I have wired for voice/data was stamped and tapped for for the plate 6/32. I simply pulled through the furniture, knocked the stamp out where I wanted to mount the plate, terminated and screwed plate fast. I should tell you, this was expensive free standing furniture not your typical cubicule partitions.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.