FUSE LINK HV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I THANK FOR ALL THE ENGINEER HERE & MEMBERS DUE TO COPORATION ..

I WANT TO ASK SOME QUESTION

1-I WANT TO GET PRIMARY HV FUSE LINK FORMULA

EXMAPLE: IF I HAVE TRANSFORMER CAP/ 1000KVA & I WANT TO GET HV FUSE LINK BY AMPER AND LV FUSE LINK BY AMPER.
ANTHER QUSETION NEXT THREAD

templdl

Re: FUSE LINK HV

Since the question you have asked needs an accurate answer personally I'm a bit concerned with regard to the lack of information that was provided with your question, information that is ambiguous at best. This is serious stuff that should be done by a qualified person. To attempt to ask you a bunch of question in an attempt to provide you with an answer that may not be correct could be dangerous.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer

Please turn off the ALL CAPS feature. It makes the post more difficult to read. It is also considered impolite, as though you were SHOUTING at us.

I am Sorry to disturb you.

but all what I need to it.

I have some questions

1- I have transformer with capacity 1000 k.v.a

if the input primary voltage 13.8 k.v and secondary voltage 220/110v (how can I get the ampere from the primary side anD secondary.
(( I want the formula THAT WHICH base on IT TO GET THE AMPERE FORM BOTH SIDES))

THANKS

templdl

Is this transformer a 13.8kv 3ph pri. with a 220/110v 3ph 4w delta secondary with a lighting tap (somewhat unusual for a transformer of the kva)or a 13.8kv 1ph primary with a 120/240v 1ph 3w secondary ? Is it a liquid or drytype.
At 1000kva it is probably a 3ph transformer would be my guess.
Please keep in mind that we are very concerned about providing you with an answer to your question based upon the information that you have given use. If your information is incorrect or incomplete and we provide you with an answer people could loose their lives which we don't want to be responsible for.
Off hand I would say your 13.8kv fla for a 3ph transformer is 42a, (Kva x 1000)/(1.73 x E)=I
and secondary current would be (1000 x 1000)/(1.73 x 240)= 2400a and a very high amperage which is difficult to handle.
If 1ph (Kva x 1000)/E=I
"Fuse links" are more often used with pole mount transformers with "fused cutouts. There a (2) types of fuse links, K-fast and T-slow. Liquid cooled pad mount transformers can also use fuses links (protective links) which a mounted in a bayonet style holder into the transformer tanks.
Then there are Current limiting and expulsion fuses that are mounted in a fuse holder that we are accustomed to seeing.
The secondary protection at 2400A is a big problem because of the extremely high current.
Also, fuse curves must be compared in the primary distribution system so that all coordinate as well a assuring that the primary fuse selected will coordinate with the secondary fuse selected. This will assure that all protection is coordinated with both fuse curves and the available fault current to assure that the fuse will clear a fault safely.
Bottom line? have a qualified person study the application and specify the components that should be applied. Also have a person who is qualified in working the high voltage and current components and their proper installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.