GE Panel Question

Shayneb

New User
Occupation
Engineer
My rent house is early-mid 1980’s, has a service panel which is 125A GE Panel model number TLM612RH.

Looking at it over the weekend I realized that it is a 12 pole max panel, not 16 as I thought (the empty space is a dummy). There are 3 sets of 2 breakers in there presently, and I would like to install a 4th 20A dual set for a small split system A/C. The loads are not excessive and fall within range. One of the 60A set previously used for a larger RV can also be down rated.

I’m planning to hire a master to pull a permit and coordinate with the City of Austin to cut power and change the panel to something more modern. Reinstall what is there and add in the dual 20A.

Here is my question:

Does GE make a similar 125A panel with 16 pole max to the 12 space TLM612RH? The dimensions are 16” high and 10 ¾” wide.

I’m figuring if I can do the legwork in advance to find the right panel, I can avoid any customizing of the space and the changeover should be straight forward.

Any thoughts or insights appreciated. Thanks.

Photos here:
Elec Panel TLM612RH
Service

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
Your electrician should be able to find what you need.
Most contractors or electricians are not going to let you hand them a panel you picked out and say here,use this..He's gonna give you a price to do it. Let him get everything he needs.
That panel is a mess and may require way more work than you realize.