GE quad breaker

kwired

Electron manager
Trying to install 2 pole. All spots are full and there is a nasty code violation at this current time. 2 pole 30 amp with 14 gauge wire (very old) on one leg of whatever the 2 pole 30 amp circuit is feeding. So I was just going to put minis in the panel and clean it up. But when I was there the other day I couldn’t get the breaker to fit. I may have been doing it wrong. I’m goin for stop by next time I’m up that way and try again. It’s been like it is for years and hasn’t burned it down yet so I guess another week won’t matter
That can be code compliant for motors or air conditioners. Most other things typical in a dwelling is generally a no.

blueheels2

Occupation
Electrical contractor
That can be code compliant for motors or air conditioners. Most other things typical in a dwelling is generally a no.
Nah I didn’t type that clearly. Ther is an existing load that feeds an hvac unit or something like it and it has 12’s on 2 pole 30. That’s not the issue. The issue is someone came in at a later date and put 120v circuit on one leg of that same 240v circuit. So now there is a circuit feeding bedroom and bathroom receptacles on 14 wire protected by 1 leg of a 30 amp 2 pole breaker. Trying to add a mini or quad to the panel so o do t have to move them circuit to another panel. Crawlspace is nasty and I really don’t want to get in there.