Generator hook ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strummed

Right after Sandy we wired up a couple generator trailers to supermarkets to get them going so people could buy food. :slaphead:

kwired

Electron manager
Looks like a good day to go fishing - now that texie has opened a can of worms!

Just what we need, a 'competent' person arguing in favor of suicide cords. Heck, it works, don't it? Just be sure to follow all the procedures.

Let's make sure to arrange our lives so 'emergency' becomes 'routine.' Words are just words, they don't mean anything.

Folks, an 'emergency' is when the ship is sinking and you need to get the pump working. It's not an emergency because you're worried the ice cream in the freezer will melt, or the beer will get warm.

Best of all, I love that spiel about a "competent' person. Heck, every kindergarten wash-out with hair on his chin thinks he's "qualified."

Texie, I love ya pal ... but your comments are like flowers, lining the path to Hell.

He did mention back feeding a dryer outlet, but did not say just exactly how. It is possible to not use a "suicide cord". One could remove the receptacle and connect a cord directly to the branch circuit conductors.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
He did mention back feeding a dryer outlet, but did not say just exactly how. It is possible to not use a "suicide cord". One could remove the receptacle and connect a cord directly to the branch circuit conductors.
When asked which of the methods (suicide cord or rewire) he would use, he replied:
To me, it is a matter of good professional judgement depending on the circumstances.

Strummed

When asked which of the methods (suicide cord or rewire) he would use, he replied:
So you never wired up a generator trailer to a building with welding cable ran through open doorways into open switchgear, and relied on caution tape and signs to keep people out and safe, the same way as a professional may do during an emergency when wiring up a generator to something in a house like a dryer receptacle?

Status
Not open for further replies.