Generator transfer switch install

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrauss

I had a discussion with a co worker about a new install of a generaor transfer switch installed in a existing residential home , I believe the transfer switch which has a 200 amp main s now the service disconnect for the residence which would mean that the existing panel would have to be sub fed & the existing branch Circuit neutral conductors and equipment grounding conductors would now be isolated and also the cold water bond and grounding electrode conductors should be moved to the new transfer switch. Would this be correct install ?

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I had a discussion with a co worker about a new install of a generaor transfer switch installed in a existing residential home , I believe the transfer switch which has a 200 amp main s now the service disconnect for the residence which would mean that the existing panel would have to be sub fed & the existing branch Circuit neutral conductors and equipment grounding conductors would now be isolated and also the cold water bond and grounding electrode conductors should be moved to the new transfer switch. Would this be correct install ?
It would be if the transfer switch is the service disconnect. It is allowed to put the transfer switch after the service disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.