Georgia Licensing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
life sometimes changes, and i might find myself in the atlanta, georgia
area...... not next year, but maybe the year after....

looked on the georgia website, and there isn't reciprocity with california
licensing.....

for any of you in the atlanta area, what is the economic picture there
like, as far as electrical contracting is concerned....?

wondering how many hoops i'd have to jump thru to get an unlimited
license in georgia, while still in california?

thanks for any insight

randy

growler

looked on the georgia website, and there isn't reciprocity with california
licensing.....

wondering how many hoops i'd have to jump thru to get an unlimited
license in georgia, while still in califoria.

First there is no reciprocity with California because we normally don't let those folks in the state.
Just Joking.

I would guess that you make an application to take the test and then take and pass the test. There are no hoops. You don't need to open a business to keep a license active, take the CEUs and that can be done on-line.

There are lots of people from other states that have a Georgia license.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
First there is no reciprocity with California because we normally don't let those folks in the state.
Just Joking.

I would guess that you make an application to take the test and then take and pass the test. There are no hoops. You don't need to open a business to keep a license active, take the CEUs and that can be done on-line.

There are lots of people from other states that have a Georgia license.

i'll change the plates on my van before crossing the state line.... i promise.

too soon to tell at this point, but if we relocate there, i'd like to keep this house
for a rental, and get something outside atlanta. it'd be dumb to sell our house
here in this market, and rentals here are climbing in value....

i was looking at what you can buy around buckhead on todays market....
geez.... yeah, the money will go farther there.... but there isn't a pacific coast highway...

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
The economic picture is great for someone considering the landlord business, a few years ago realtors would laugh at me if I said I was looking for a property that I could rent for 1% of purchase price (per month) , now I'm doing even better than that.

As far as electric contracting goes I don't know, I am just begining to figure out how to work it but after 32 years in business I am not very motivated to start over, I've been solo with borrowed help when necessary for quite some time and like the freedom. And have other sources of income now.

Call me when you get to Georgia I'll buy you a cup of coffee. (I'm 90 miles from Atlanta).

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
New construction is still pretty much in the tank here, what is being built is going real cheap, but service is still going pretty good. They may not be building, but they still have to maintain what they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.